Monday, August 9, 2010

thrift store treasures- silver

I forgot to share these pieces last week, but I was in one of my local Goodwills and found a couple silver sugar and cream sets. They were really tarnished but I knew they could be cleaned up and they had really good lines... plus I've been wanting a set...

Just to show how tarnished they were...
They cleaned up rather nicely don't you think?

I love how they look on my hutch with the white dishes... I used some wipes called 'Clean It Silver Wipes', they come in a little jar/canister and work great... but your hands end up black from the tarnish, however it's worth it for the shine!



~Megan



Linked to:

Keeping It Simple



Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures

9 comments:

Nikki said...

The silver pieces are beautiful! I need to get some of those wipes for a silver basket I picked up. Thanks for the tip.

feelsliketime said...

Beautiful! I love to polish silver.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great tip on the wipes. :) Your new silver looks great!

Pam said...

I love silver pieces. I always run across them at thrift stores and garage sales. I can't imagine why people give it away now days. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Love silver with white!

You found a treasure!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love your cream and sugar sets! I get the biggest thrill bringing home old silver and cleaning it. Odd I know. Some pieces I leave tarnished but some I love to make sparkle! Yours have great shape to them. So cute with the white dishes.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

I love silver and white together. Your hutch looks lovely. ~~Sherry~~

Lauren said...

Love your blog!!! I found you from one of your other followers!!! Great blog... cant wait to read more...

xoxox
Lauren
http://22yroldhousewife.blogspot.com/
Ps I also host a weekly blog hop... so feel free to link up anytime!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Megan. Just wanted to let you know that I featured your French Script lampshade today on my blog. :)