Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finding Fall Day 3: Fall Accessories

Welcome to day 3 of Finding Fall. Today I will show you some of the accessories I have used this year to help create the feel of Fall in our home...




......



Here is our entry table dressed for Fall...


Some simple Fall foliage...



And candles dressed with twigs and acorns help bring in some Fall colors from outside...



Candles wrapped in book pages and spray painted pumpkins adorn our living room side tables...




And old white books along with a couple of fall leaves and pumpkins help add another hint of fall to our bookshelves/entertainment center...



Our kitchen table holds two candle hurricanes filled with some moss left over from the topiaries, some acorns and a red apple...





As you can see I didn't go crazy with reds, oranges and yellows. Instead this year I decided to stay mostly neutral using white and silver as my main colors and adding more of the traditional colors of red and orange here and there. I would love to add more Fall accessories however I'm feeling even worst than last week. I even spent an entire day doing nothing laying on the couch watching tv yesterday... I can't remember the last time I did that, probably when I was pregnant with my 2nd 3 years ago!




......




Don't forget to sign up for the giveaway... here's how!


......
And the linky party tomorrow... So get your Fall decor ready to go!


~Megan



linked to:

The Inspired Room

5 comments:

Lori said...

White is hard for the fall. But you are doing a great job.

{lauren} said...

Love it! Your decor reminds me of my own...I've also been using lots of silver and cream this year. I think its so pretty and unexpected for fall:)

Amy Kinser said...

I love your candles wrapped in book pages. How neat looking they are.

partying with you at Melissa's.

Becky Finch said...

Really like the candles wrapped in book pages. I will definitely do that in time for my book club evening at my house!

Becolorful said...

confession. I will be trying to copy those silvery candles and candlesticks. I love that color. Fallish but sophisticated and elegant. I feel like a thief. Stealing your ideas. If I get it done and posted I will give you credit. :)
Pam