Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Finding Fall- Day 4: Fall Comfort & a Linky Party!

One thing I always try to strive for when decorating for Fall is to add comfy and coziness to our family area. A way I do this is by bringing together different textures...



I love the look of a cable knit throw but with 3 rowdy boys, a dog who thinks he's a cat, and a cat who acts like a dog, I knew that a real cable knit throw would be destroyed in less than 30 min after bringing it into the house. I happened to find this microfiber throw at Bed Bath and Beyond that has a braided design to it that mimics a cable knit throw but it much more durable. I also have striped chenille pillows and a real cable knit pillow thrown together to add some coziness to the family room sofa... On the other sofa is another cable knit pillow and a pillow made from a quilt material...


All have the same neutral color theme I mentioned I was going for in yesterday's post. I know you are probably thinking I'm contradicting myself with not wanting to buy a cable knit throw yet I have 2 cable knit pillows... Well I've had the pillows for a while, I think I bought them at HomeGoods one year. They didn't always look this way, in fact they were white...


And stained way too easily so I wanted to warm them up a bit with some color. A lot of the home catalogs this year are using a lot of grey with brown and that's what I wanted for our family room too. So I bought some Rit dye in a pearl grey (it was the only grey our supermarket had) and followed the directions...


My end result was more of a slate blue/greyish color. I like it but every now and then depending on the way the light hits it, it looks a little too blue. I may change it and try to make it darker if it continues to bother me...



And that is another way of how I'm incorporating the coziness of Fall into our family room.

Here are some of the ways I mentioned earlier this week:

A Fall Wreath

Fall Topiaries

Fall Accessories


......

I'll be picking a winner of the giveaway on Friday so you have until then to try and win, go here to see how!


......



How about you? Now it's your turn! Go ahead and link up how you are finding Fall in your home!


Make sure you link to only your specific fall inspired post, not your homepage...


link back to this party somewhere in your post...


& most of all have fun and mingle!



~Megan

2 comments:

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Thank you for hosting! I just added a link to my Fall fireplace. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Fall projects. I just love all this fabulous Fall inspiration.

Your pillows are really pretty. We always have several throws and additional pillows too as soon as there is a chill in the air : )

Gale said...

Hello! I'm collecting fall themed blog events to add to my squidoo page:

http://www.squidoo.com/blogevents

....and I was wondering how long this linky will be open so I can post dates with it? If you could e-mail me at ecarian at yahoo dot com or leave a comment on the botoom of my squidoo page, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!