Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tis the Season Day 6: ornament wreath.

Yes another wreath post... it's the last one I promise! I saw this wreath idea last year and loved it, however never got around to making it until this year.

You need a bunch of ornaments, I think I used about 60 of the big ornaments and about 30 of the small ones.
These are from the $1 spot at Target this year.
I made sure to follow these directions carefully so I didn't have much trouble. Take all of the hangers off of the ornaments.
Hot glue them back on so they are REALLY secure.
Then take a wire, I used an old wire hanger I had stashed away for when I would need it, just in case, and begin stringing on the ornaments after you shape it into a circle. Make sure to vary which ones you put on with size and color/design.
Half of the way through.
Once your wire is filled, make a hook from both ends of the wire and hook them together. I read that some people just twisted their ends together but mine were not cooperating to I shortned them with some wire cutters and made hooks to hook themt ogether.
Then add a bow to hang it with and you have a pretty, and cheap wreath.



I'm keeping mine inside but the pictures turn out better taken outside. It took me maybe a little over an hour. If you stuff too many ornaments on the wire they might begin to pop off like mine did, even though I hot glued them. I also rearranged some of mine after I thought I was done because I didn't like the way it turned out after I filled the wire.


Our Cookie {recipe} Exchange Linky Party is coming up on the 7th so don't forget to come back and share your favorite holiday treats!



~Megan

2 comments:

Lori said...

Absolutely cutest wreath ever! Love it with the simple ribbon .

KarenSue said...

Hi Megan! Thanks for stopping by my blog, so glad to see you.
Love this wreath! It's simple and very pretty.