Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis the Season Day 8: a Christmas vignette.

Last year we sold our house and moved just before Christmas so were unable to do much decorating. Well this year we are going through the same thing, minus the selling our home part. We've been renting and my husband got work that he would be transfered to a new town about 2 hours from where we are. We decided we would move as soon as our lease was up so he wouldn't have to make the commute. So once again we are moving just before Christmas and once again are not able to decorate a whole bunch. While I should be packing, I decided instead to make a little Christmas vignette so I could join Rhoda's party. Plus the kids keep asking why we haven't decorated if it is Christmas time. So here is our little tree until we can fully decorate at our new home. {many pictures are similar, I couldn't decide which I liked best so I put them all, it's my blog I can do stuff like that, hehe}.



The tree is accented with jingle bells and handmade glitter ornaments {later on that tomorrow}, and a gingham ribbon to top it off.

A simple milkglass vase acts as a tree stand alongside my 2010 holiday candle.



So there you have it. I know Day 8 in the series is really tomorrow {Friday} but I wanted to join in on Rhoda's party so I'm posting it a few hours early so I'm not terribly late to it.



Just a few more days until the Cookie {recipe} Exchange linky party... have you begun your baking or picked out your favorite recipies to share with us? Come back on the 7th to share your yummy Holiday treats!



~Megan

No comments: