Tuesday, March 8, 2011

imperfections = perfection.

Remember this dresser?

I found it like this.

Refinished it and used it in the nursery as the baby's dresser and changing table.
Well when I first refinished it I had given it a heavy distressed finish. Then I got pregnant and I'm weird with pregnancies and the distressed look was making me nauseous, I know I'm weird, in reality all design related things make me nauseous when I'm in my 1st trimester, I have a theory to it but I won't bore you with that today.

Anyway I decided I wanted the ditressed look back so I went crazy with a sander.





It now sits in our room and is my dresser. I love it!



~Meg



linked to: restore interiors, primitive and proper
chic on a shoe string budget
shabby nest, FFF

3 comments:

Phredfamily said...

I like it too! The distressing gives it character.
Kate @ welcomedtempest.blogspot.com

lauren@WESTFURNITUREREVIVAL said...

i love the heavy distressing. makes
it interesting

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

How fun! I think distressing adds so much to pieces!