Friday, March 4, 2011

meet Francis.

You probably saw her yesterday but let me formally introduce you to her, meet Francis...if you're new, yes I name my furniture rehabs.
When I first picked her up from a local Goodwill for a few dollars she looked like this. The fabric was old and musty. There were actually a few layers of different fabric on her.
Then I dressed her in a soft green and blue stripe I had laying around {not sure if I showed this re-do or not so just in case}.
And the other day I re-dressed her in a simple white and black graphic. I love her even more now, she loves this dress the best too. The fabric goes well with her naturally distressed frame which I've decided to keep and not paint or re-stain, it just looks old which is perfection to me.


She's perfect! Now our guests have a place to rest their bumper or place thier bag when they come to visit. I hope they all enjoy her as much as I do! {on the to do list: make a linen bedskirt for the daybed}.

~Meg


linked to: freckled laundry, restore interiors, primitive and proper
chic on a shoe string budget
shabby nest, FFF

6 comments:

Tessa said...

looks sooo good! i really need to start popping in a Goodwill, that chair is perfect!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love that fabric! the chair looks wonderful! i also liked your dresser you linked up both ways!

freckled laundry said...

Francis is darling. I LOVE her new dress. :) Thanks so much for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday.

xo,
Jami

Phredfamily said...

I like the new look, good choice!
Kate @ welcomedtempest.blogspot.com

Raine and Sage said...

Isn't it amazing how simply changing the fabric makes such a huge difference. It looks like a new (although gorgeously old) chair! Excellent makeover.

modern jane said...

I love that fabric! I'm visiting from the Shabby Nest!