Thursday, March 3, 2011

what's black & white & read all over?

My guest nook wall.
I took pages from 2 old books, one was a story book the other about operas, and taped strips of pages together and then taped each strip to the top of the wall along with a tack. It has to be easily removeable since this is not our house.
A gallery dsiplay to provide more interest includes art from the older boys, Booga's silhouette, and some WE silhouettes all within a large flea market find that my mom helped me refinish.






I love the intrest and texture it provides to the wall compared to the green paint that was there to begin with. {The rest of the walls are still green, not sure if I will do this around the entire room or not}. I'm still looking for linens to dress the bed but for now it will do.



~Meg



linked here: Emily's "Working with what you have" link partysomewhat simple; blue cricket design

13 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

This is gorgeous and super clever of you! I LOVE the way it turned out! I'm a bit of a book page recycler myself so this is right up my alley, so to speak. Love your vignette, too. The curvy shabby chic headboard is perfect for this wall. Love the big "S" and the brown and cream take on the "Union Jack" on your pillow. I just adore all of it. Kudos!

Jen T said...

I LLLLLOOVEEE this!!!!! It looks like out of a magazine! JenT

Angela said...

this is a great idea for renters everywhere.

check out my cardboard headboard . . .it looks strangely familiar.

http://honeydewproductions.blogspot.com/2010/11/headboard-tutorial-as-promised.html

Aaron said...

Amazing! I love this.

-Aaron {the girl with the boy's name}

www.mudpiesandmarigolds.blogspot.com

{ The Painted Home } said...

love it...I'm on it! thanks,
d e n i s e

Cailan said...

I was thinking of doing this - good for you for taking the leap! Looks like a lot of work, but a charming effect! - cailan

Danielle Roy said...

I wanted to do this, but in an easy take down way- thanks for the idea!

Looks like we have lots of the same interest. I just started booting and still have to design my site, but come on over and meet me. I am your newest follower! Would love for you to do the same. :-)

www.amomseyeview-lulu.blogspot.com

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

I love anything to do with book pages. This looks so creative & original. Congrats on a job well done!

Warmly, Michelle

Caren Drink said...

I realllly like this, and we are moving into a new rental next weekend where it would be perfect for the living room main wall. Do the pages flutter in the breeze, or did you pick books with thick pages? Do you think it will get dusty?

Brooke said...

This looks beautiful! What a great way to cover a wall that you hate when you're in a rental!!

Wona said...

Beautiful...I'd like to see a closer picture of the tape and tack at the top.

Elizabeth said...

What an ingenious idea! It looks great and adds so much to the space. It is difficult to personalize a rental but you found a great way to do that!

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I had the idea to do something like this in our home but haven't got to it just yet...I love how yours turned out!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
Exercise Encouragement Group Blog