Wednesday, May 4, 2011

a game of scrabble.

A while back, maybe a month, there were a couple of huge community garage sales going on near my parents and we just happened to be in town for them. I had been looking for old Scrabble games in thrift stores but never had any luck finding any. In one of the last houses I visited during my garage sale excusion I happened to find an old box of Scrabble. I scooped it up and once home proceeded to create these...


I love how they look on my flea market frame turned chalkboard message station.
Perfect and not that hard to create. A dab of E6000, hot glue would work too, and some magnetic strip cut to size and wa-la.
Love.

On another note, our computer is still at the "doctor's"! They say it will be at least another week because they have to order something to fix it. Can you tell how frustrated I am?

I promise regular blogging will be back as soon as I have my computer again. I had a few projects on there I wanted to show you, cross you fingers for me!

~Meg

{linked to parties above}

6 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I'm following along behind you looking for old Scrabble games! They're hard to come by -- glad you found one! This is so great -- love that you made them into magnets and your message board is a work of art!

the cape on the corner said...

that's a great idea with the magnets! i'm going to have to put that on my list of things to do. thanks for inspiration!

Marci said...

I love that idea. I will be making these to turn my metal house to garage door into a fab message center for the family.

for the love of a house said...

that is so fun!!

happy weekend!
joan

p.s. your comment meant the world to me! you will "love" owning originals.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

those are adorable! what a great idea!!!

Simply Bungalow said...

Great Idea. What a fun message board.
~Heidi