Thursday, June 2, 2011

a nursery design.

Not for me though, for my best friend who is having her first little bundle of joy due just a day after my first bundle of joy arrived! They are keeping the gender a surprise, they're strong willed like that. They want to do a dog "themed" nursery but were having trouble finding things that didn't look all boy. I offered my help and this is what I came up with:


The art was my inspiration, they have 2 goldens and the artist is from Vermont, where they met.
If it's a girl it will be easy to add pink in the mix with fabrics or even those yarn covered letters I've seen, in different shades of pink for each letter of her name. If it's a boy it can be different shades of blue.
The dog hooks would be cute to hang up baby's coats and to go bags, {they live in Boston where it gets cold and jackets are worn a lot more than here in Orlando}.
The bedding is from Target by Dwellstudio. I have the crib skirt on our crib, but I love the sheets and whole set. Perfect for a neutral nursery.
The fabrics will add whimsy and texture to the space. I think the dog silhouettes fabric would be good for curtains. And if it's a girl some pink trim made of ribbon can easily be put on the edge to add more pink to the room.
The whole room would look so cozy and calm in comfort grey by Sherwin Williams. It has enough of a blue tint to not look so grey but is also neutral for both genders.
I hope she likes it! If not we can tweak it until she does!

If you would like help decorating a room in your home with an idea board email me at {littleblueprints3@gmail.com}: subject idea board help or you can have a chance to win an idea board for one of your rooms here where you can enter the monthly idea board giveaway.

~Meg

No comments: