Friday, June 10, 2011

summer time favorites Day 3 {That's My Letter}.

Welcome to the 3rd day of...


Today Jaime from "That's My Letter" is guest posting for me. If you're ever looking for some crafty inspiration, she's where to go! I'm pretty sure she can make anything and probably has already. How she does it all I don't know! Take it away Jaime!





"S" is for Summertime Favorites




Guest blogger Jaime here from That's My Letter. I blog about all things DIY: building, crafting, sewing, decorating, and on and on. I was born to DIY and I make everything I post.




Sun, sand and surf are tops for my summertime favorites





Here's a little more...





1. What do you look forward to most during the summer months?






No schedule!










Although my kids thrive on routine not being bound to set times makes everyday feel carefree.





2. What is your favorite summer activity?




Beach.





Summer is all about my kids so I'll be wrangling three little ones for 12 weeks.












3. What is your favorite summer recipe?




Watermelon.










and








(half the dressing and omit the whole grain mustard)





4. Do you have a favorite summer craft or one you hope try this year?






Honestly no.



But my girls spend a lot of beach time making friendship bracelets with embroidery floss.



My summer craft will be making lots and lots of terry cloth pouches:







And creating a 'fall line' for the pouches using men's wool sportcoats.



5. What is your ideal summer ensemble?





Tank top and flip flops, need I say more!





Thanks Megan for having me over at your place. I rarely talk about my personal life so this was a great opportunity to expose myself a tiny bit!

Here's to summer.




Thanks so much Jaime for sharing a little of your summer life with us. I can't wait to see your fall line of pouches, they sound too cute! Make sure you check out Jaime's site and all of her handmade projects!

~Meg

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Thanks again Megan, I justed posted a shout out from my blog. Enjoy the weekend.

Inspire Me Heather said...

Hi - Jaime sent me over... great interview (I'm a beach gal too!) and now to check out your site!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

loved learning more about jaime- she is so sweet! the only think i would add is to the outfit... "tank top and flip flops, need i say more?" i think some sort of bottom would be good with that. ;) i am a tank top, skirt and flip flop gal! :) just teasing you jaime!

pinktoesandpowertools said...

Visiting from Jaime's blog too.
Nice to learn more about the inspiring Jaime :) And to find out that we share the same favorite summer recipe--watermelon!

Christie said...

Megan, I have enjoyed reading through all of the 'Summertime Favorites' posts! Seems we all certainly love our simple atire with flipflops!! So funny! I am glad to find these lovely blogs! Thanks for letting me a part of this! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

Christie said...

Megan, I have enjoyed reading through all of the 'Summertime Favorites' posts! Seems we all certainly love our simple atire with flipflops!! So funny! I am glad to find these lovely blogs! Thanks for letting me a part of this! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

The DIY Show Off said...

I love learning more about the girl behind the blog and Jaime - we share the same summer loves!

Off to check out the summer time posts - great series, Megan! :)

Roeshel

Angela said...

I'm loving your series! I wanted to let you know that I am having a Pottery Barn Giveaway this week, if you are interested!
~Angela