Monday, June 6, 2011

summer time favorites Day 1 {The Painted Home}.

Today I'm starting a new series that will span over the next couple of weeks. I have a line up of wonderful guest posts from some of my favorite bloggers, who I'm sure will be some of your favorite too by the end.



My first guest is Denise of The Painted Home. She's here today to share with us some her favorite summer time favorites.


Hi Everyone!


My name is Denise and I write a blog called


I'm a stay at home Mom to my 3 kids -




6, 5 & 2.5 and a part time




Interior Decorator.




I started my blog as a sort of "Living Portfolio".




It's been a great way to give & get inspiration for easy, budget friendly projects




that add charm and personality to our home.




I hope you'll stop by and visit me sometime.



I'm so happy Megan asked my to participate in her



{Summer Time Favorites}

Series




Megan asked me to answer a few questions about summer, so,

here goes...


What is your favorite summer recipe?








A favorite recipe of mine, that is always a big hit
is
{ L e m o n a d e P i e }



Ingredients

  • 2 (5-oz.) cans evaporated milk

  • 2 (3.4-oz.) packages lemon instant pudding mix

  • 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened

  • 2 (3-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened

  • 1 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, partially thawed

  • 1 (9-oz.) ready-made prepared graham cracker crust

  • Garnishes: whipped cream, fresh mint sprigs, lemon slices

  • Preparation

    • 1. Whisk together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a bowl 2 minutes or until thickened.


    • 2. Beat cream cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer, using whisk attachment, until fluffy. Add lemonade concentrate, beating until blended; add pudding mixture, and beat until blended.


    • 3. Pour into crust; freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish, if you like.





Do you have a favorite summer craft or one you hope try this year?





One project on my list to whip up consists of these little dittys.




















Sorry, but I have no idea where or how I found them. They been sitting on my hard drive for a while now.




I'm dying to create some yummy lemonades and put them into these IKEA jars




{which have also been sitting around my house for some time now}













Wouldn't you love to get one of these




as a hostess gift at your next BBQ?
I know I would.









If I can figure out how to post the labels so you can print them too, I'll post them on my home page.








What is your ideal summer ensemble?









A bathing suit.




We live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA and




try to head to the NJ shore as much as possible.




{not the Situations "Jersey Shore" -




more south of there}




But, there's definitely been a change in ensemble.




Although I never looked like this lovely lady,




this was more my style pre-kids.


















But, after having my 3 little darlings




in 3.5 years, Mother Nature has taken a toll on me.




And, you'll find me rockin' a skirt more often than not.























Thanks to Lands End for not making the Mom-Crowd




look too pathetic.









All this lemonade talk has got me thinking.




Time to create some lemon vinginetes around the home...




See you soon!




{ H a v e a g r e a t S u m m e r }









Thanks so much Denise for showing us some of your summer time favorites! I love the lemonade craft idea, I'm adding it to my list of must do's! Make sure you stop by Denise's blog and take a look around, she has a beautiful home that reminds me of summer year round!



~Meg

3 comments:

{ The Painted Home } said...

thanks for having me megan! how pathetic that I'm the first commenter!
d e n i s e

Ruth said...

I love those labels. I have the same Ikea jar. It, too, has been a little neglected here. I need to make some yummy lemonade and fill it up.

Ruth

Sarah said...

Yummy! That lemonade pie looks sooo good! And it seems pretty easy too. I literally just bought a 2 piece Land's End bathing suit last week (my skirt is ruffled and kinda bunched together though - hides my tummy flab better)...I had my first baby this past fall and I'm quickly finding out that NOTHING fits me from before, especially not a bathing suit:(