Wednesday, June 8, 2011

summer time favorites Day 2 {Nine & Sixteen}.

Welcome to the 2nd day of...


Today Tessa is joining us from Nine & Sixteen. She has the cutest blog where she writes about every day life in a small "American Dream" type town. I featured her home during my "Favorite Rooms series" and she is now currently working on the master bedroom, I can't wait to see how it turns out!







Hi, Little Blue Prints readers!


This is my first guest post EVER, so bear with me!


I'm thrilled Megan asked me to participate in her series.


I blog about life at home with two boys and my addiction


love of cozy & classic interiors. Thanks for reading!!






1. What do you look forward to most during the summer months?


After dinner walks to get ice cream in the village square,


picnics, lemonade stands, sparklers at dark, lazy mornings,


sun ripened tomatoes, big striped beach towels hanging


on our fence after spending the day at the pool,


sundresses, smores on the patio, catching fireflies,


seeing the sun kissed faces of my boys, barefeet,


the bang of our back screen door.





2. What is your favorite summer activity?
The very best part of summer for me


is the long, lazy, unscheduled stretches of


time I get to spend with my two boys.


Family vacations are fun too, but it's the everday life of summer I enjoy most.


(I could do just fine without the humidity + mosquitoes though!)


The unhurried pace suits me well.


Whether it's taking naps together after hours spent in the sun,


with our skin smelling like sun screen or


staying in our PJs till 12:00 PM or our late Thursday afternoon


trips to the local farmers market where we figure out


a dinner based on what's being sold - baguette, cheese, and berries


is typical, usually with a couple snow cones thrown in for the kiddos!




3. What is your favorite summer recipe?


I have many. I keep things very simple + fresh.


With lots and lots of herbs.



Here are three favorite salads:
















4. Do you have a favorite summer craft or one you hope try this year?





I'm not so sure this qualifies as a craft,


but I've been dying to do an "outdoor" movie night


for my eldest son and his friends.


While I don't think I can quite rig up a setting like in the PB catalogue


we'll have a make shift screen, a good film, sleeping bags,


lots of popcorn and bug spray.





5. What is your ideal summer ensemble?



Sundress OR Skirt + Tank


Flip Flops


Straw Tote


Sunglasses


I spend much of my day chasing my toddler


so I think comfort first, cuteness second!






Thanks so much, Megan, for inviting me to join your summer kick-off series!

xo,


Tessa




Thanks so much for joining us today Tessa. Your summer sounds so relaxing and fun. I know my boys {and I} would love to enjoy an outside movie night! Please let us know how it goes and how you do it!

~Meg













3 comments:

Tessa said...

thank, meg, for inviting me to be part of such a fun series!!

xo,
tessa

Sarah said...

Ooh, yay, another great blog I have to check out! I love the sounds of this kind of summer:) And I love the name Tessa!

Andrea said...

Great guest post, Tessa. I want to join in on your summer fun. Sounds so relaxing.