Friday, June 17, 2011

summer time favorites Day 6 {The Virginia House}.

Welcome to the 6th day of...


Today Jillian from The Virginia House is joining us. Jillian is a fellow mom to 3 boys and has a beautiful home she has decorated herself.


I'm so happy to be over here today. As a stay at home mom, I tend to get stuck at home quite a bit, so it's fun to travel;-) I am the face behind The Virginia House blog, a happy mother of 2 with one more due any day, a wife to a wonderful guy and a DIY and Do It Cheaper enthusiast.



1. What do you look forward to most during the summer months?

Spending time in our backyard around the pool with my kids. Unlike most people here in Texas, I love the heat and can't wait for summer!




2. What is your favorite summer activity?

We love going fishing as a family and I always look forward to that.




3. What is your favorite summer recipe?



I would have to say that I look forward to Pita Bread Sandwiches with fresh fruit on the side. These were always a summer food of ours growing up and the tradition continues.

Here's the low down on them:

Pita pockets cut in half and split open.

Put some Mustard on the inside then fill with sliced up Pastrami and Swiss Cheese.

Broil till the cheese starts to melt.

Top them with shredded lettuce, diced tomato's, alfalfa sprouts and a squirt of Italian dressing.

Enjoy!




4. Do you have a favorite summer craft or one you hope try this year?

Not really any summer crafts. Crafts are all year long here. After spending the last year redecorating the inside of my house then I am turning my eyes outdoors and trying my hand at planting some stuff. We'll see how that turns out...




5. What is your ideal summer ensemble?

Flip flops. And clothes of course, but I'm not a fashionista in any sense so whatever is modest and cool works for me. I love wearing flip flops though and own more of those than any other pair of shoes.



Thanks so much Jillian for joining us today and sharing your summer favorites! {Jillian had her 3rd little boy just a few days after she wrote this post incase you were wondering from her introduction}. Isn't her pool house gorgeous?!?! I could spend all summer in there! Go visit Jillian for more pictures of her pool house and home inspiration!

~Meg


1 comment:

Ruby Jean said...

Her house looks so relaxing....A perfect Vacation spot... : )