Monday, June 20, 2011

summer time favorites Day 7 {Freckled Laundry}.

Welcome to the 7th and final day of...












Ending the series is Jami from Freckled Laundry. I love the simplicity of Jami's design in her home and items for her shop. She's also another grey fan! Take it away Jami!



Hi, sweets. I'm Jami from freckled laundry and I'm thrilled to be a guest for Megan's Summertime Favorites Series. Thank you so much, Megan! My blog is primarily dedicated to creating vintage chic style on a small budget. I own a small, 1964 ranch-style home that I'm fixing up, one room at a time. I love white, lavender, French, shabby chic, and farmhouse vintage notes, and the laundry (textiles) that I use {and love} creates a simply styled and comfortable home. Nothing warms my heart like a soft, cotton voile, jersey, or antique hemp linen. When I'm not working on my home, I'm designing and making handmade wares for my Etsy shop and cuddling my three, beautiful babies. I'd love to have you over for a visit!




1. What do you look forward to most during the summer months?




Trying not to freckle. (Just kidding!...sort of.) My sister and her family have a little place on Seneca Lake, NY so I always look forward to days at the lake, summer barbecues, boating, and margaritas and just making memories with my sweet, little family.






I also look forward to getting some furniture refinishing projects done that piled up during Fall and Winter in New York and for my husband, that means he can reclaim some garage space.



2. What is your favorite summer activity?




Does lounging at the lake and reading a good book count as an "activity?"



Boating and summer festivals (enjoying good, happy, live music) with my ducklings are my favorites... and of course, making stuff.



3. What is your favorite summer recipe?




Quite honestly, I have nothing fancy for you. I'm a winter cook. I don't like to fuss in the kitchen when the weather is beautiful, which is short-lived in the Northeast.



Simple menus like grilled chicken on the BBQ and a great macaroni salad make me smile. I make a mean mac salad too but I just throw things together and wouldn't know where to begin with a written recipe. Here a couple of tips though:



1. Use pasta rings instead of macaroni noodles.



The rings give the salad a lighter texture and it looks pretty.



2. Hellmann's mayonnaise is a must.



I love Williams-Sonoma's rubs and spices for grilling. (Who am I kidding? I love everything Williams-Sonoma. Can I get an Amen?) They knock it out of the park every time. A little goes a long way too. If you use their seasonings like you normally would, you're taste buds will short circuit.



This Chili-Lime rub is my new summer favorite. I just brush the chicken with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle this stuff on. (Again, a little goes a long way.) I've used it on grilled veggies and even mixed a little bit into sour cream for tacos.




4. Do you have a favorite summer craft or one you hope try this year?



My goal before summer's end is to tackle my front door & porch. I'll be working on some lavender, canvas, jute, and linen stuff for my door which will finally include one of my lavender dipped letters.




{Click the photo for a tutorial}









I've been so busy making them for my Etsy shop and Wild Rose & Co. that I've never taken the time to make one for me! I also want to make some pretty planters with French lavender to flank the wooden railings on either side.



5. What is your ideal summer ensemble?




I'm really loving maxi dresses this summer. I can throw them on over a swim suit and look somewhat pulled together. At the lake, I'm swimming or boating one minute and the next I'm at a local winery or out to dinner. The maxi dress is just a comfortable, simple, transitional solution.



I grabbed this navy and white striped, jersey (my favorite laundry), maxi dress at The GAP when they were having a 40% off sale recently.






(That's not me.)



I've been wanting this dress from Anthropologie but The GAP dress was a little more wallet friendly and freed up $100 for home projects. I'm easy.








Close enough, right?

Thanks again for the fun, little interview Megan!


Thanks so much for joining us today Jami! I love that dress, I'm definitely a stripes kindof girl especially when they are navy and white! If you haven't been to Jami's site before, make sure you stop by and look around, also make sure you stop by her shop too! She has some pretty cute loot!



I hope you all enjoyed this little series and hopefully it gave you some more ideas on how to spend your summer, or if your like me gave you more projects to add to your list with all of the inspiration, and a wish list of more clothes to buy!




Now it's your turn, how do you spend your summer? Have any fun ideas? Let us know in the comments below!





~Meg





5 comments:

KarenSue said...

Great post Megan! I just started following Jami and love her blog..
Hope you have a great summer with those kiddo's of yours. They grow up fast, mind did!
Montana for me this summer..I love it!
What's yours?
xoxo~SueBee

freckled laundry said...

Thanks for having me over, Megan. It was such a fun interview. (And thank you, KarenSue!)

Megan said...

great interview!!!

Vintage Beachgirl said...

Great interview ladies! Reminds me I have a project that's been on the back burner too long.......my front door and porch need help desperately! I hope Jami will give me some ideas when she does her makeover!! Take care, VBg

Sarah said...

I plan on keeping my feet cool by sitting by the baby pool and watching my daughter run around all day. I love this time of year!

I'm giving away a Shabby Apple Dress today on my blog today here if you're interested.

http://misstrixiesfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2011/06/shabby-apple-dress-giveaway.html

Have a fab day!

Warmly,

Sarah