Tuesday, August 16, 2011

it's like Christmas in August.

Yesterday I got a call from the fabric store telling me the fabric I ordered was in... woohoo! Here is the color scheme for the new home.


Here is the fabric...



"Country Toile" by Waverly will be in the kitchen...


While "Olaf" by Waverly will be in the family room. I was planning on making pillows out of this but now that I see it I think it would look great on a wing back chair or a pair of french chairs paired with a ticking, maybe a chocolate ticking. We'll see.


Here is a close up of some pillows I've made recently for the family room. The walls I think will be painted the 3rd color from the top. It's a green grey color that will help liven up what it currently looks like {the house is filled with swine pink as Melissa calls it}.


Speaking of new house fabrics and Melissa, I will be joining in on the fun this October with 31 days of ... . This year the Nester {and everyone else partnered with her} is inviting everyone to join them. They will be setting up a linky party so you can add your 31 days of ... to the list. My topic? Well I figured since we are moving about that time and I hope to have everything put together by the end of October before Holiday season, the perfect topic for me to write about is... 31 Days to Making Home {in a rental}. I'll be sharing all the tips and tricks I use to transform our new rental into our new home. That's 31 straight days of writing. Not sure if I can do it but I'm going to try. Want to join me? You can read more about it here.

~Meg

Don't forget to sign up for the August giveaway here.

2 comments:

Susan said...

This is what I am talking about!! LOL
I love your color scheme. I love the look of browns and creams in a decorating scheme. I have lots of those same colors in our home!

Simply Me said...

Hi Megan, I meet you at the Art Angles... The fabrics are very beautiful !!