Thursday, October 20, 2011

how I spent my day and $89.

Dirty feet aren't they? That's what happens when they are playing outside for over 3 hours.
As I was heading out to pick up my oldest from school I turned the lock before walking out and just as it shut I realized my keys were inside, just 5 feet away from me, on the counter! No keys to get inside, no keys to start my car and pick up Booga from school! Let me remind you we just moved in and don't know our neighbors, we've talked a couple of times but are not at a stage to ask them to go pick my son up at school because I'm clumsy enough to lock myself out of everything, besides no one was home anyway. I wasn't even upset... all I could do was laugh! i called my father in law {who lives 30 min away} hoping he was not doing anything and could go pick Booga up while I figured a way into the house, luckily he jumped in the car right after I told him what I did and was to the rescue. After trying every window and door over and over again for 2 hours I decided there was no way I could get in by myself, {hubby just happened to be away out of state for a tournament when this happens!}, I had my sister who is 2 hours away look up a locksmith online and give me numbers. Finally $89 and 3 hours later we were inside! So the kids who did not want to come in from playing to pick up their brother from school, got to play outside for a few more hours due to their clumsy mama.

Hence why they have the dirty feet...

I made some pizza for dinner and then treated us, from our long day of being stuck outside, by baking some cookies...



I love baking the chocolate chip cookies with the jumbo chips in them...

Extra gooey and oh so delicious!

When I went to clean up the baking mess I found this guy hanging out below the sink {please ignore the ugly builder basic no character to them cabinets, they aren't ours so there is nothing I can do about them}...


At least I know the kitchen is safe from harm, does anyone else with boys find toys in the strangest places? The other day the littlest poured his goldfish crackers into daddy's shoes, usually it's a toy hiding in there, that day he decided the fish wanted to hide there instead.

Needless to say since I was stuck outside for so long I got nothing done, except some weeding. I'm in a craft show on Saturday {if your in the Orlando area let me know if you want to go and I'll give you details} and have a ton of things to do. At least I was able to print off these labels that will be going on some pillows and blankets {yes I have new items that will be added to the shop soon I hope if I don't keep forgetting my keys inside}...


I must go and get more things done, blogging was not on the list. Oh well, had to tell someone about my luck today! Hope yours is better!

~Meg

4 comments:

meg + andy said...

Aww! so sorry about your day! i can relate to clumsiness for SURE! Once my 2 yr old locked me and my other 2 yr old in a bedroom on the upper story of our house, with my husband on a trip, me in my pjs and no phone! finally my mom just happened to stop by and ended up breaking a main level window:) haha. Glad you made cookies- chocolate makes everything waaay better. :)

SueBee said...

I'm glad the weather was nice! And you didn't freak out! I was loading the car after a couple days at the beach(NSB) when I threw the trash out, not knowing my keys were in my hand, into the biggest dumpster in the whole world. Car locked with ALL our things. Had to spend another night and wait all day before someone could bring us the spare key from Orlando. The only thing we had were our bathing suites. This was before cell phones!
Where is your show this weekend? Perfect weather for you!!

Lara said...

I have to tell you - your profile picture is adorable! :-) You have very similar hair color/and skin tone as me. I used to work as an esthetcian and makeup artist.. so I notice that stuff. ;-) I have a 6 year old boy & an almost 5 year old girl.. oh yes.. I know about 3 hours of barefooting outdoors. Love the spiderman decor :-) Happy Friday!!
Lara

Jonathan Copper said...

Any fantastic thought to help generate my own daily life better through locksmith-- trigger right now, i am sensation protected through your control. thanks to get this particular information.