Wednesday, October 12, 2011

master bedroom reveal {or 1/2 of it}.

Despite having lost my voice due to a sore throat {a gift from my sick kiddos, yet again} I was able to hang the curtains up in our room. It only took a month and a half.
The room finally looks presentable at least from the view from the doorway.

Please ignore the missing lampshade and sham.

As you can tell, from my previous post about our bed, I added the canopy bars above for a little bit of a change. I think I like it better this way.

A close up of hubby's side...

And my side... Remember this post about adding knobs to the Ikea Malm dresser in the boys' room? Well now they are our night chests and I switched some of the knobs for more grown up looking ones, found at Habitat for Humanity for only $.99, yippee!

Here's a better view of the wreath I revamped from this post.

And at the end of the photo shoot, this guy climbed up on the bed.

And then thought he could mess the pillows up and getaway before I would notice...


Caught red handed!

Now to finish the other side of the room and to find my voice. Anyone have a good cure for that?

~Meg

{linked to the parties above}

3 comments:

Robin said...

Your room looks so pretty. I love the bed and the wreath hanging over the window.

Shannon said...

This is really beautiful. I like how elegant it is, yet it still feels homey. Mine feels homey but is not elegant! I need to work on that!

Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

Wow Meg, it's all coming together, your room looks so pretty and dreamy!!! You've been a busy mama! Hope you're feelin' better!!

{michelle}