Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Comfort Food linky party: Spaghetti Casserole.

The final recipe I'll be sharing with you is my family's all time favorite! In fact my oldest requested to have the left overs tonight for dinner... so he finished it off.

Spaghetti Casserole:

a regular size box of spaghetti
can of cream of mushroom soup
marinara sauce {what we call red sauce}
mozzarella cheese

*Cook pasta until tender and drain. Place in a casserole dish.


*Top with cream of mushroom soup, try to spread over the pasta as much as possible with the back of a spoon.

*Top with "red sauce". {I eyeball this. I use probably a cup to a cup and 1/4, maybe}.


*Finally top with mozzarella cheese. We love cheese to I put a lot, but whatever your preference will work.

*Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and begins to brown {so it looks like a pizza}.


My family loves this served with breadsticks, we prefer the Pillsbury twist ones. This is another meal I grew up on, and I never tire of it! So yummy and easy! Also if you are like my hubby and have to have meat with any pasta dish you eat, you can always serve it with some meatballs on the side. You could even add ground meat to the casserole as a layer just before you spread the soup on.

Ok now it's your turn! Link up your favorite fall comfort food recipes. I'm always on the look out for something new to try with the family!

The only rules are to make sure you link back here so others can find some new recipes.

Also please only link to a specific post, not your entire blog.

~Meg


No comments: