Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Comfort Food: mac'n cheese.

Today I'm sharing with you my family's favorite Mac N Cheese recipe. It's a recipe from Paula Deen, and I think it's the yummiest mac n cheese I've ever had!

{I forgot to take a picture of mine I made the other night before it was gone but here is one I found on the web.}

Here is the original recipe:

Ingredients

  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stuck) butter, cut into pieces
  • 2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time I made this I didn't realize I needed to do it in a crock pot so I adjusted it some and I now cook it in the oven.

I use all the same ingredients except the eggs and butter.

*Cook the noddles {I also use corkscrew or even rigatoni, whatever I have on had already}.

*Drain and put them in a large bowl.

*Add all of the other ingredients except the eggs and butter.

*Mix well and pour into a baking dish, 9x13 or a deep casserole dish.

*Place into the oven at 350 deg for about 35 min.

It comes out extra creamy and oh so yummy! I like to serve it with a side of broccoli at times too.

Now grab a big bowl and fork and enjoy!

You have until Friday evening to put your name into the hat for a cute art print from Everyday Clever. Go here to enter.

Also don't forget on Friday I will have a linky party up so you can share your favorite fall comfort food recipe. See you tomorrow!

~Meg

No comments: