Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fall Comfort Food: Stroganoff.

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. I put my back out while holding my littlest during our errand run. Not sure how it happened but all day yesterday was hard for me to move at all. It's still a little painful if I move just right. My husband says I'm getting old, I do have a birthday coming up...

Anyway today I'm going to share with you my family's favorite thing I make, or one of them rather. Beef Stroganoff, but we just call it stroganoff.
It's super easy, all you need are these things...

*Cook the pasta and drain.

*While the pasta is cooking, cook some ground meat in a pan and season with your regular seasoning.

*In another pot add the cream of mushroom soup and beef consomme {you can use beef broth but I think this gives it more flavor}

*Once the soups are well mixed and bubbly, add the worcestershire sauce {since I don't care for mushrooms, the texture of them anyway, I drain the soup to get the mushrooms out first, I know weird!}

*stir the sauce well and add some salt and pepper to taste.

*Add the sauce to the pasta, as well as a cup of sour cream. Mix well.

*Here you would add the beef to it as well but I'm a vegetarian so I leave it on the side.

*Enjoy!


I love to serve it with broccoli too. I think they go well together, as well as peas.

I'll share another one with you in a little!

And come back tomorrow with your favorite comfort food recipe!

~Meg

No comments: