Friday, November 18, 2011

our master bedroom, again.

Remember when I showed you this photo from here. I fell in love with the bedroom. The more I looked at it, the more I realized I could get that same look for our room.

I had kind of put our room together but something was off. It wasn't done, and it didn't have that cozy feeling I wanted. So in pure Megan fashion I re-did it, or actually finished it, the window side anyway...

The finished product...

About a year ago I came across a vintage book of birds and knew I could use it one day. I envisioned them all framed and lining a staircase. The frames are all frames I already had as well. Most of them vintage find from thrift stores. The majority were painted black, {chalkboard actually as it was the only black I had}. The gold frames were gold ones I already had as well.

The fabric for the pillows is a Ralph Lauren fabric that was on clearance at Joann's.

I edited the bedsides as well from the first make-over... here's my side...





And hubby's side... {still need a lampshade for that lamp}



{my favorite trophy of my hubby's}



It feels so much more put together now, until I look across the room. There's a very large and heavy dresser in need of some paint and new hardware over there. Hopefully one day soon.


Also last week my mom and dad celebrated a birthday, their birthdays are next to each other... Happy Birthday!!! Hope you all had a wonderful time in London... yep that's where they spent it, or at least the days just before. This is them years ago... before kids and marriage, my mom may have even still been in her teens here. It was taken at my Noni and Nono's house {my dad's parents, and grandparents in Italian}. Aren't those light sconces fabulous! I wish we still knew where they were...

Anywho, when I eventually get to painting the dresser I'll share those pictures with you. Have a great weekend!

~Meg

{linking to some of these parties}



UndertheTableandDreaming




freckled laundry






Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!








Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





Furniture Feature Fridays









Visit thecsiproject.com











giveaways








Transformation Thursday

















My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






















The Lettered Cottage













{Primp}




Photobucket


13 comments:

everydayclever said...

The frames look so good!! I may have to do that myself!...and is that a lamp without a shade?...interesting. Love the milk glass.

P.S. Got my button up finally--there's a really great website that generates the html for it so the coding is done for you and all you have to do is copy and paste. Let me know if you want the link!

SueBee said...

Wow Megan! I love it! If you moved the shade over to your hubby's lamp before you took the picture we would have never known..hehe. But I like being real. You did a great job!
Enjoy your weekend~Sue

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Good looking couple, your parents! I think your bedroom looks great! Love the prints. I have a dresser I just picked up that needs painting, too. Still not sure what color I'm going with.

Martha said...

Wow -- that looks like a picture from magazine! Love those prints on the wall but I adore bird prints and those are spectacular!

Just B @ Love Where You Live said...

The room looks wonderful! Very creative, and economical, artwork. It's amazing what the accessories do to a space. Great job! :)

Terry said...

You were more than successful, your new look is even better than your inspiration. Beautiful! I've been getting an itch to redo mine...you may have put me over the edge.

Janny said...

Your bedroom is fresh and relaxing! I really like it. I especially like the ampersand wreath!

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

This is really cute. I have a really similar wall of vintage bird prints in my daughter's nursery.

Shannon said...

Your wall of prints is beautiful! Your bedroom is looking really gorgeous!
Shannon
www.akadesign.ca

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

It's coming together beautifully! The framed bird prints are great, and I really like how you arranged them in such a way that they're balanced on either side of the bed without being perfectly symmetrical.

{ The Painted Home } said...

omg! i love everything about this room! it looks great! I'll be going back to this post again and again. magazine worthy!
d e n i s e

SHERRY HART said...

Came here from Cottage and Vine.....beautiful room....

Emily A. Clark said...

I really like the idea of a little gallery above the bedside tables. Great idea! Thanks for linking up :)