Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tis the Season, Day 1: 25 days to Christmas.

It's been 3 years since I've decorated for Christmas and the season that is upon us. Why? Well for the past 2 years we have always moved just days after Christmas, so there was no point in pulling out all the decorations when we were trying to pack everything up. Bummer I know! This is my favorite time of year, I love Christmas, my birthday is just days after Christmas {yeah we've been moving every year on my birthday, yeah me!}, and I had always wanted to get married around Christmas, however that didn't work for us when it came time but oh well. It killed me not to be able to decorate these past couple of years. We would put up a small table top tree and some stockings and that's it. This year I'm finally able to pull out all of my stuff and decorate! I began seeing homemade advent/countdown calendars about 2 years ago and have been wanting to make one but again didn't really have a good reason to, but this year I decided it was time!

{please ignore the crooked stand, little Dennis the Menace has had fun throwing it onto the floor on more than one occasion}

Super simple and I had everything already. My chalkboard I created here was a perfect place for our countdown. I simply wrote a little message and drew a fun tree.

Then using magnets {that I sell at Craft shows} as ornaments we will dress up the tree every night before bed...

adding one at a time counting down to Christmas morning.

On Christmas Eve we will add a star to the top as the last ornament {I need to make one of those}.

Another craft show product are these glitter letters. I only had the letters to spell out 'to' but at least there is a little glitz and glam to it.





The boys are excited to begin the countdown, and so am I.



I love watching him try to reach the "ornaments" on his tiptoes!

This will be his first fun Christmas, I can't wait!!! Do you have a way you countdown to Christmas morning?

Come back tomorrow for a special guest post and holiday tutorial!

~Meg

{linked to some of these parties below}


UndertheTableandDreaming



freckled laundry




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





Furniture Feature Fridays



Visit thecsiproject.com






giveaways



Transformation Thursday














My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia



















The Lettered Cottage








{Primp}


Photobucket


Cherished Bliss

8 comments:

Lori said...

What a great idea. How do they stick to the chalkboard, is there metal behind it?

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

Such a fantastic idea Meg!! Love the last picture especially, too sweet!

Jennifer said...

So cute and unique! I pinned it!
Would love for you to share at Show & Share going on now!!
http://vintagegwen.blogspot.com/2011/11/show-share-16-features.html

SueBee said...

I'm going right now to draw a Christmas tree on my chalk board! I love yours..
We have a store bought day counter that we have had for years. My youngest is 19 and still counts down! When do they stop? Never I hope!!!

silly eagle books said...

This beautiful Megan! I love how simple and pretty it is. Keeping it in mind for next year. ;) We made one out of contact paper this year:
http://www.sillyeaglebooks.com/2011/11/diy-last-minute-advent-calendar.html

{ The Painted Home } said...

I love this idea! totally doing it!
d e n i s e

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love this idea! And the photos of your little boy trying to reach it are priceless! Visiting from Primp.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for linking to Show & Share!!
Making it a feature in this week's party! Hope to see you tomorrow!