Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tis the Season, Day 3: Shredded Paper Bulbs.

I'm sure all of you have seen this already within the last month but just in case you've been living in a cave or whatever I thought I'd show you one of the handmade ornaments I've made this year. I didn't come up with this idea but I love it so I dove in.



You'll need some:

*glass Christmas craft bulbs that you can pick up at any craft store
*pages shredded from an old book {or whatever you want your shreds to come from}
*ribbon or scrap fabric

Shred your paper and begin stuffing into the glass bulbs. Fill until you feel it looks right.

Once you're happy with it put the topper back on and string some ribbon or scrap fabric through the wire and knot.

Then hang on your tree and enjoy.




Holiday fun continues tomorrow where I'll show you how to create some old fashioned traditional ornaments that aren't just pretty but smell better than any holiday fragrance you can buy at the store.

~Meg

{linked to some of these parties below}


UndertheTableandDreaming




freckled laundry






Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!








Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





Furniture Feature Fridays







Visit thecsiproject.com





giveaways







Transformation Thursday

















My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia




















The Lettered Cottage










{Primp}


Cherished Bliss


Photobucket

4 comments:

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

Super pretty Meg and simple, love that! Can't wait to see what you have tomorrow! Hugs, Michelle

Danielle said...

I love simple this is to make! I'd love for you to link up to my Christmas Carnival.

http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

Ruby said...

Those bulbs look so amazing. They add that extra holiday feel to your Christmas tree. My wife is into DIY home decors and I think she'll love this project.

-Ruby Badcoe

Donal Finn said...

Amazing creative idea. I have a New Office Shredder and I used to throw the shredded papers but some one suggested me to use them in a creative way. I was looking for the creative idea and glad to find you.