Monday, December 5, 2011

Tis the Season, Day 5: hanging pinecones.

I'm a little late getting this up, better late than never!

In this post you might have noticed somethings hanging in the windows...

I've had this pinned on pinterest for a while and new it would be perfect for our windows that have an arch to them.



I might need to add some garland too...

What you'll need are some pinecones, ribbon, hot glue, scissors and tacks.


Cut your ribbon to the length you wish your pinecones to hang, plus about 2-3 inches. My ribbon was so wide that I cut it in half long ways also.

Dot the bottom of the pinecone with hot glue.


And push the ribbon on top to secure.

Once it is dry, hang on the top of your window opening with a tack. Make sure the tack is on the backside of the ribbon as it hangs down.

It's simple but looks festive! I might add some big bows on them just above the pinecone like the inspiration photo has.



Super easy and budget friendly, especially if you have pinecones in your own backyard!

See you tomorrow for another holiday post!

~Meg

{linked to the parties below}

UndertheTableandDreaming



freckled laundry







Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!








Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





Furniture Feature Fridays







Visit thecsiproject.com






giveaways







Transformation Thursday

















My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia





















The Lettered Cottage











{Primp}









Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

So so pretty, you have the perfect windows for them!! We have boring square blah windows! So I will just look at how nice yours look! ;)

marissa said...

so pretty and easy I may have to do this this weekend I'd love you to add it to what we wore and made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com