Friday, December 9, 2011

Tis the Season, Day 9: holiday decorating with Denise.

For the 9th day of Tis the Season I've invited another favorite blogger of mine. I'm sure you all know her since she guest posted this past summer for me here. Denise has a real treat for you today, wait till you see what she did to her back entrance, I'm in love...





I love Meg's ideas and am constantly being inspired by her, I'm sure you are too!
Here are some ideas I hope will inspire you this Holiday season.
My back door is the most used door in my home
(well, it's really a side door, but that seems so awkward to say).
But, I've neglected this door for far too long.
So I'm sprucing it up for Christmas with some simple things I have laying around the house.
I purchase nothing to create this back door scene...really.




I fluffed up an old chair with a throw and this black and white IKEA pillow.






The tree is wrapped in burlap and white ribbon.


I filled the bottom bucket with slices of wood to keep it from toppling over,


along with a few ornaments.






One of my favs...the yardstick star.






I even added a felt flower pin for a pop of red.






Greens from our yard.

















I layered a little of this and a little of that, tied it all together and created this swag for my garage doors.









Happy Holidays

I'd love to have you stop by and visit!







Denise Sabia
The Painted Home
www.PaintedHomeDesigns.com
Facebook


I love that yardstick star! And all of the vintage goodies! You did a wonderful job Denise, such a cozy welcoming for anyone who comes over! Go on over to Denise's The Painted Home to see more eye candy... your eyes will be glued!

Happy Weekend!

~Meg

2 comments:

{ The Painted Home } said...

thanks for having me Meg. It's great to be back!
d e n i s e

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

So pretty and festive!! I am going to head on over and visit Denise!!!