Thursday, January 12, 2012

upholstery tacks.

A while back I shared this tutorial for how to create fabric silhouettes of your little ones. This project was done for some much needed art work in the boys room at my parent's house. When I began the project I planned to "frame" the canvases with upholstery tacks but while I was there my mom hadn't gotten any yet so I gave you an in progress shot of sorts. Well when I went back for Thanksgiving {yeah this post has been in waiting for a while} she had added the tacks. Here is what they look like now that they are 100% finished.





I think it finishes them off nicely instead of having a blank unframed look. I think this room is calling for more to be done to it so I'm sure I will be back with yet another updated look at what the room eventually becomes! {to see the entire tutorial go here}.

~Meg










UndertheTableandDreaming




freckled laundry








Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up<br />    party!








Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





Furniture Feature Fridays







Visit thecsiproject.com







giveaways







Transformation Thursday

















My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






















The Lettered Cottage












{Primp}












Photobucket

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love the tacks, too! they add that finishing touch!

Jeannie said...

The tacks make this! I was thinking of doing this for my downstairs hallway, but with black frames. Isn't it amazing how the blog world makes you think outside of the box and pushes you. It's awesome!

Tessa said...

those are adorable, meg! great idea!!