Tuesday, February 7, 2012

let's talk lighting.

My sister and her husband are in the "picking out all the fixtures and details" stage of their house building so I've been looking at a lot of lights lately to help them decide what would be best for them. Here are some that caught my eye:

Source: lowes.com via Meg on Pinterest



This one is a little more traditional but would work well with the design plan throughout the house.

Source: lowes.com via Meg on Pinterest



Love the unique shade shape on this one:



Love the mix of the 2 finishes on this one.



I can picture this light hanging in a kitchen with a wall of windows and a view of a green garden:



Of course the school house pendant is a classic and always at the top of my list:



I think this would look great hanging as a pair in a long hallway.



This would make a great entryway light:


As well as this, and also in a hallway again hanging as a pair:



A little more modern but it has a classic style to it:


This one would be fun hanging in an entry:



I've been obsessed with the Movarian light for a long time, I think since I first spotted them in a PB catalog. I found one at a garage sale so I purchased it, before I could hang it, it was crushed by hubby while moving things around in the garage.



Another classic and elegant looking light for an entry:

Source: homedepot.com via Meg on Pinterest



And I love this for a bathroom vanity.




You can find their original sources below each light and on my Pinterest page. I'll keep you updated with what we pick.

~Meg

*I would love to help you create a home that you love. Email me at WinderandMain@gmail.com or visit the Decorating Services tab above.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've been in love with the Movarian light since I first saw it too. Sorry yours got squashed! :-(