Wednesday, July 25, 2012

sister's family room as it is today.

Today I thought I'd share with you my sister's family room. It still needs to be accessorized, needs a new coffee table {I'm trying to talk her into a round one}, and a smaller side table, and possibly a floor lamp near the single chair and fireplace. For now we used what she had already for accessories, purchased some pretty new Ralph Lauren pillows, and made more pillows with some fabric picked up at the local fabric store.
 






Bamboo blinds were chosen for this room and I love the look of them, I can see them in our future.



Basket to hold throws for the cold winter nights on the sofa.


She too has a blue and white Ralph lamp, still completely in love with them!



They splurged on the PB sectional while saving money on the IKEA entertainment center. It's hard to tell in these photos but the center is a grey wash and goes really well with the room. The rug also is PB, the heathered chenille, which is always at a great price and is super soft. I can see this in our future too. They plan on purchasing a larger tv so it will fill out the console space much better when they do.




The fireplace wall with some extra seating.


And since the kitties love the entertainment center, it's a win! Yes they were both on either side of the tv at the same time... too cute!


Hope you enjoyed! I'm sure on my next visit we will finish off the accessorizing and hopefully have the rest of the furniture picked out by then too, once again I'll keep you updated!

~Meg

No comments: