Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Our Trip to Vermont.

A month ago today we left for our summer vacation up in Waterbury. Vermont. I've shared Vermont trips with you before. It's one of my favorite places on Earth! I'm lucky to have all of my relatives from there so I pretty much spent my summers there growing up and the occasional holiday. We usually stay with my grandparents however since the last time we were all there together, our family has grown a lot! 12 of us were not going to fit into my grandparents home with them anymore, so my parents found this gem and rented it for the week. It is my dream home!

This is actually a picture of the back of the house however it is the side of the house you see as you are driving up the hill and the drive. It's where we spent most of our time while at the house.


The house is full of antiques including this farmhouse table and the mixture of chairs around it.


I want this back splash, or something like it in my future home!


The house was full of colorful area rugs which I love the mix of!


One of the bedrooms. The house is on a horse farm and the daughters of the owner ride and compete so the house has a lot of horse decor throughout.


I loved this sweet bedroom... it was almost ours for the week but there was a last minute change so we could all fit a bit better in the rooms.



Lots of ribbons were hung from past competitions.


We ended up with the master bedroom because it was plenty big enough to hold all 6 of us which meant we got the master bath that held the clawfoot tub!


This is the view out our bathroom and bedroom windows.


And the bedroom. The bed was HUGE! As in you needed a step ladder to climb into it!


The downstairs powder room had this old and gorgeous sink.


If only I had this view our of my kitchen window everyday!


The mud room.



This is the front of the house.



One of my favorite things were these slate steps leading up to one of the back entrances.


And the outdoor dining patio... It was like something you'd see in a magazine!



The barn that sits just below the house. They have 4 horses and 1 miniature pony which they brought home while we were there. The boys were in love with all of them! I'm pretty sure Ryan was contemplating some way to bring the pony back home with us!


We arrived after wildflower season but there were still some around.





The outdoor fireplace. This place was such a dream! It's for sale if you're interested... hubby wouldn't give me $1.4 million to buy it though! Would have made the perfect souvenir don't you think??


I'll share more of our time there with you tomorrow.... I took about 2000 pictures so there's much to share!

+Meg+

No comments: